Some time ago, Fisher Price sent my kids the Kid Tough Digital Camera to play with and review. Josh, particularly was super duper excited because he is always trying to take photos with our good camera or with my iPhone so this was perfect. A camera just for the kids! It really is quite tough with lots of rubber panels on it, in case of being dropped. And it definately gets a work out here!
Other things we loved about it:
* It's super easy to use, and very intuitive even for kids
* It has it's own little display screen on the back so kids can see immediately the results of their artistry! What kid these days doesn't want to see the picture instantly?
* It holds LOADS of photos, up to about 1000 photos. Yes, you will probably get lots of photos of darkness, or nothingness, like we did (LOL!) but there were also plenty of cute ones too.
* It connects easily to computer via USB so you can transfer the photos over quickly and view them.
* While the quality isn't as good as a grown ups camera, it's definitely still pretty good by kid standards!
* Price is about $60rrp which I think is pretty good given how close this camera is to the real thing for kids and not so toy like at all.
Things not so great:
* There really weren't many down sides, except that it does require 4 x AAA batteries, and even though the camera has an auto shut down feature, I found we still ran down the batteries pretty quickly, and it doesn't recommend using with rechargeable batteries for some reason.
Above is a small selection of photos the kids took with the camera, including a charming one of their mother poking her tongue out. Josh was constantly on the move with the camera and didn't have the steadiest hand, so a lot of his photos were a little blurred. We might have to work on that!!